Frequently Asked Questions – Overseas

Who is eligible to apply?

Malaysians, Malaysian permanent residents, Malaysia employment pass / work permit holders throughout the Period of Takaful.

You must be between 18 to 80 years old and children must be at least 30 days old to 18 years old, or under 23 years old if still studying full-time at a recognized higher education institution and the purpose of the trip is solely for business or leisure.

Who can be covered under the “Family” plan?

The "Family" plan covers you, your spouse and your children (maximum 5 children) who are travelling with you during the trip.

Can I apply for my child under 18 years old without traveling with him/her?

No, at least one adult is needed to travel with the child.

How to apply for this Takaful plan?

Please log in to Our website at to participate in this Takaful myClick Travel PA.

You can apply this Takaful plan one day before the travel date.
You are encouraged to register at least 7 days before departure to enjoy the trip cancellation benefit.

I am Malaysian citizen but departing from a neighboring country (for example Singapore, Thailand, Brunei or Indonesia). Am I eligible to apply?

You are not eligible to apply because your journey did not start from Malaysia.

Am I covered in the transit countries such as in Dubai, Doha, Bangkok, Singapore?

Yes. You are covered provided your trip departs from Malaysia.

Can I apply this Takaful plan after I leave the country to oversea?


Can I apply this Takaful plan for mountaineering acitivity?

No. We do not cover any mountaineering activity.

Can I apply in this Takaful plan for the purpose of Hajj or Umrah?

Yes. You are eligible to apply provided that your journey departs from Malaysia.

My Umrah package includes a trip to Turkiye and Egypt. Am I covered?

Yes. You are covered provided that the trip Turkiye and Egypt is still within the Takaful period stated in your certificate.

This product also cover you when you are in any neighbouring country of Saudi Arabia (except Afghanistan, Iran and Syria) if your Hajj or Umrah trip includes that country.

Can I apply this Takaful plan with COVID-19 Coverage two days before departure?

Yes can. However, you are not eligible for trip cancellation benefit under this plan.

Trip cancellation benefit (with or without COVID-19 Coverage) only payable if you apply this Takaful plan at least 7 days before your trip.

What is covered under this plan?

This plan provides coverage for personal accident, medical, hospital allowances, emergency medical evacuation and repatriation, travel and many more. You also have the option to include COVID-19 Coverage, subject to an additional contribution. Click here for the full coverage.

When is the Takaful coverage starts?

Overseas Trip (Region of Travel 1, 2 or 3)
The coverage will only commence from the time the person covered leaves his home for a direct journey to the place of embarkation in Malaysia to commence travel to the intended overseas destination; such time must not be more than six (6) hours before the time scheduled for departure from Malaysia.

The coverage shall automatically terminate on whichever of the following occurs first:
  • six (6) hours after scheduled arrival time at the final destination in Malaysia
  • upon death of the person covered;
  • upon expiry of the Period of Takaful as stated in the certificate at 23:59 pm Malaysia time; or
  • upon the person covered's return to his home in Malaysia.

What is the maximum period of Takaful for each trip?

  • Single Trip Plan – Up to 190 days from the departure date.
  • Annual Plan – unlimited number of trips throughout the year subject to a maximum period of 95 days for each trip and must be within the Period of Takaful.
Note: One way trip is not allowed.

How much contribution do I have to pay?

The contribution varies depending on your choice of plan, destination, duration of coverage, and optional benefit. You may refer to the table of contributions in the Product Disclosure Sheet.

I am travelling to multiple countries within the same trip. Do I need to apply for a separate plan for each country, and how will the contribution be charged?

You can be covered under one certificate if you are travelling to multiple countries within the same trip. Please enter all the destinations.

In terms of the contribution, we will charge based on the furthest region by distance from Malaysia. For example, if you have selected Singapore (Region 1) and the USA (Region 3), your contribution will only be charged based on Region 3.

What are the payment methods allowed for this plan?

You can make the contribution payment via any of the following options:
  1. Credit / debit card
  2. Current / savings account via FPX
  3. e-Wallet*
    • Boost
    • GrabPay
    • Maybank QRPay
    • TouchNGo

*Subject to the minimum and maximum spending limit as imposed by the respective e-Wallet providers.

Do I need to pay any fees/charges other than the contribution?

Yes, you need to pay RM10 stamp duty* per certificate in addition to the contribution payment.

*Stamp duty is exempted for certificates with an annual contribution amount not exceeding RM150 until 31/12/2025. Thereafter, RM10 stamp duty shall be payable starting from 1/1/2026, regardless of the annual contribution amount.

Can I upgrade my plan from Bronze to Silver or change the coverage area from Region 1 to Region 3?

No, change of plan or region of travel is not allowed after the certificate is issued. Therefore, We recommend that you choose a broader coverage plan to enjoy comprehensive coverage.

Can I change the effective date of my certificate due to a change in my travel date?

We do not allow changes to the certificate effective date. You can cancel the certificate before the departure date and apply for a new plan with the correct travel date. We will refund the contribution for your canceled certificate provided no claim is made.

Can I cancel the certificate and get a refund of the contribution already paid?

For Single Trip Plan, you can cancel the certificate before the effective date of your certificate by giving a written notice to Us by email to and get a refund of contribution provided that no claim made is made under your certificate. However, no cancellation is allowed on or after the effective date of your certificate.

For Annual Plan, you can cancel the certificate at any time and We shall refund the contribution on prorate basis, provided that no claim is made under your certificate.

What is the procedure if I need to seek medical treatment while in oversea?

  • Outpatient/clinic treatment
    You need to pay the medical costs first and make a claim after returning to Malaysia by submitting the original bill/receipt to Us.

  • Admission to hospital ward/ inpatient treatment
    (i) Please contact Our authorised service provider twenty-four (24) hours hotline number at +603-7628 3905.
    (ii) Please provide any documents or information requested by the medical assistance officer.
    (iii) The medical assistance officer will verify and issue a guarantee letter directly to the hospital if you are eligible to make a claim under the certificate terms and conditions.
    (iv)If the hospital asks you to pay a deposit before allowing you to enter the ward, you can pay first and make a claim later.
    (iv)If you are admitted to hospital due to pre-existing condition or due to excluded causes such as pregnancy/miscarriage/ Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) etc., the medical assistance officer will not issue any letter of guarantee to the hospital and you are not eligible to make any claim.

Is medical treatment limited at any panel hospital/clinic only?

No. We do not have any panel hospital/clinic. You can get medical treatment from any hospital/clinic in that country as long as the hospital/clinic has a valid license to carry out western medical treatment. Payment of claims is subject to the terms and conditions of the certificate.

Do I need to be fully vaccinated to claim benefits under the COVID-19 Coverage?

Yes. You must be fully vaccinated to be eligible to claim under the COVID-19 Coverage. This condition is not applicable for children < 18 years old.

What should I do if my baggage/ personal effects/ money/ passport are lost while abroad?

You must make a police report at the place of incident within 24 hours. If your baggage or personal effects are lost while in the custody of the airline or hotel, please obtain a report from the airline or hotel confirming the incident.
Please submit the report to Us when making a claim after returning to Malaysia.

What should I do if my flight is delayed?

If your flight is delayed ≥ 6 hours from the scheduled time, you must make a report to the airline and obtain copy of travel delay report. The report must clearly explain the reasons and the duration of the delay.

Please submit the report together with a copy of the flight ticket and boarding pass to us.

How do I make a claim?

Any claim must be notified in writing to Us as soon as possible and no later than 30 days after the date of the incident.

Please download the Claim Form here, complete the form and send it together with the supporting documents to any of our branches or email to We will process your claim within 14 working days of receiving complete documents.

What are the exclusions for this Takaful plan?

  1. Pre-existing conditions;
  2. Intentional injury, attempted suicide, mental disorder;
  3. Complications of pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), alcohol or drugs;
  4. Engage in any illegal/unlawful activity/act;
  5. Loss or damage that is not reported immediately to the relevant authorities after the incident;
  6. Engaging in sports or games in a professional capacity;
  7. Work on a merchant ship or as a manual laborer; naval, army or air service or operations, permanent or temporary duty, military or police;
  8. Travels carried out based on medical advice or when the purpose of travel is to obtain any form of medical treatment, consultation or advice;
  9. Accident or illness while engaging in motor racing, mountain climbing, rock climbing, and hiking/trekking in remote areas unless with a licensed driver, pot holes, and any activity in the air such as parachuting, hand gliding, bungee jumping, skydiving sky, diving, hot air balloon;
  10. Loss or damage to stamps, documents, contact lenses or corneas, dentures, glass, marble, pottery, tortoise shells, bulbs, valves, or fragile/breakable items, perishable and consumable items, food/drinks ;
  11. Loss or damage caused by wear and tear, gradual deterioration, mechanical damage or electrical interference; or
  12. Loss or damage caused by seizure or detention by customs or authorities.
Note: This above list is non-exhaustive. Please refer to the certificate for the full list of exclusions.
Sorry, your quotation request is unsuccessful. Please try again later.